What is Kelp?
Kelp is also known as brown algae and found in shallow oceans, absorbing minerals and nutrients from the water around it. Noticeably rich in iodine, Kelp is becoming one of the leading choices for consuming this mineral. Iodine is essential for promoting the production of thyroid hormones and aids in thyroid functioning by regulating these hormones, consequently improving metabolism and energy levels.
Kelp is also a natural diuretic and assists with the shedding of water and toxins from the body, helping with hydration due to illness or over-exposure to the sun.
The fact that Kelp assists the functioning of the pituitary and thyroid glands, also means that nail and hair support is provided. Kelp is packed with magnesium, calcium, potassium and iron amongst other nutrients and minerals and thus acts as a natural antibiotic, fighting off infection.
Why do People have Iodine Deficiencies?
Up until recent times Iodine was readily supplied in our everyday meals through the heavy use of ordinary table salt. With greater public awareness to the risk of high-salt diets there has been a dramatic reduction of salt intake over the years and therefore iodine deficiency has become prevalent.
Researchers believe that up to 15% of women suffer from Iodine deficiency, often undiagnosed. Vegans and vegetarians who avoid dairy and meat products also may find themselves lacking this and other essential nutrients found in Kelp.
Why Physis Great British Kelp?
Across the world environmental pollutants have robbed the oceans of many of the essential minerals and nutrients Kelp naturally absorbs and often the Iodine content in international supplements is noticeably lower. Physis proudly harvests Kelp in Great British waters that are tested and carefully monitored.
- ALL IN ONE natural source of Vitamins and Minerals. Kelp contains 46 minerals – including zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, potassium, copper and calcium; 16 amino acids – the building blocks of protein; and 11 different Vitamins including A, B1, B2, C, D and E.
- ASSISTS IN WEIGHTLOSS. High levels of iodine in kelp help to naturally regulate the thyroid hormones, improve metabolism and increase energy levels. Sea Kelp, in fact, contains the highest natural SOURCE OF IODINE.
- ANTI-AGEING supplement. The Iodine in kelp effectively removes chemicals from human cells that can accelerate ageing. Skin is nourished and moisture provided.
- A VARIETY of BENEFITS including the following: anti-oxidant; anti-inflammatory and immune boosting. Nutrients included kelp help to strengthen hair, reducing spilt ends and breakages. Furthermore, as Kelp is an alkaline, it helps maintain a healthy PH balance in the body.
- Manufactured in the UK Under Strict UKAS, SOQAR, BRC and GMP Regulations. 100% money back Guarantee.