We owe much to the skill and expertise of master perfumers. Our story began in the 1700s when Count Orlof, a member of the wealthy Russian aristocracy, asked a London perfume house to create a fragrance that captured the distinctive aroma and atmosphere of the Russian Court. The perfume house crafted a distinctive fragrance, by blending a symphony of ingredients, including Turkish Rose, Lavender, Cumin and Precious Amber. The fragrance was called ‘Eau de Cologne Imperiale Russe’. After the scent came into the ownership of Cussons, it was chosen as the signature fragrance for the launch of a new soap brand called Imperial Leather. That the fragrance continues to be used to this day, more than 240 years after it was created, is a testament to the skill of the perfumers who originally developed it. Over the decades, we have continued to develop new fragrances with our team of perfumers, to ensure that all of our products are always at their fragrant best. A little known fact about Imperial Leather, is that out of the 10 acknowledged perfumers in the country, 2 of them are employed by us – helping to ensure that everybody can enjoy the exquisite fragrances, found in our shower, bath, handwash and bar soap products every day.
- Imperial leather for men invigorating shower gel
- Invigorate with the uplifting scents of sea minerals and ginseng
- Designed to recharge the body and awaken the mind
- Inspired by the natural outdoors
- ts cooling fragrance and 2-in-1 hair and body wash formula ensures you are raring to go and ready to face the day